Olive Garden’s Zuppa Tuscana – made right at home.Posted: March 30, 2009
First of all let me just say James actually made this and it is Yummy, Yummy, Yummy. We are working on decoding OG’s no longer offered Chocolate Lasagna next. Once we manage that we might never leave the house again.
- 1 package of Jimmy Dean ground sausage (mild or spicy depending on your preferences)
- 2 large Russet Potatoes (sliced thinly)
- 1 med yellow or sweet onion (chopped)
- Bacon (baked in oven then cut into small squares)
- 2 cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 2 cups Kale or Swiss Chard (chopped)
- 3 cups of water
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 cup of Light Cream
- Good bread
- In 300 degree oven cook defrosted sausage (smooshed flat) for about 30 minutes and bacon until almost crispy – remove from oven and place on paper towels to remove as much grease as possible. Break up sausage into small pieces and cut bacon into bits.
- While the meat is cooking, place onions, potatoes, chicken broth, water, garlic in pot, and cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
- Add meat into soup and salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer until the potatoes are soft and then turn to low heat
- Add Kale and Cream
- Cook on low heat until the Kale has softened, about another 5-10 minutes
Divide soup into Tupperware to freeze for later meals (this reheats really well) serve the rest with good bread and Parmesan sliced or shredded on top.
I was thinking about doing this with seafood next time instead of sausage…some shrimp and crab meat in this light potato soup might be wonderful.
We did it, we took the plunge. I now run a Female, Veteran owned Small Business.
From now on all posts will be uploaded at Go Places, Baby!
My family and I could not be more excited to start bringing you the very best products that we can.
Thank you to everyone that visits and supports us!