Slow Cooker Chili (with or without beans)Posted: April 16, 2009
I am reaching into the grab-bag of meals past for this post. I have been too sick to get much of anything substantial done lately. (Thank goodness my current knitting project requires no thought or I couldn’t even do that.)
In honor of the days before this never ending cold, you know when I could still taste things…here is a great Chili Recipe. Note: I dislike beans, so my Chili is just meat, but if you’re a fan of chili with beans just dump in a couple cans of you favorites.
- 3 cans of Hunts Diced Tomatoes (various flavors)
- 1 – 2 Diced Yellow Sweet Onions
- 1 can of Sweet white corn
- 3 slices of thick cut bacon
- 1/2 can Chipotle peppers
- 1 diced green pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 pound of lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper
- 1 orange, juiced completely
- sugar to taste (depends on your spice tolerance)
- (beans if you like)
Throw all of this into a slow cooker (set to high heat) for at least three hours. Separate extras into Tupperware for freezing.
Serve with some sour cream and shredded cheese, this tastes even better after it has been frozen or in the fridge for a couple days.