Irish Car Bomb Brownies: Guinness Brownies with Jameson and Bailey’s Cream Cheese Frosting.Posted: February 27, 2010
First let me thank my friend Jen for introducing this into my world…You rock! This is already my new ‘go to” birthday gift for everyone.
Let this sink into your brain for a moment: Guinness, Bailey’s, Jameson, AND chocolate…all in one glorious concoction.
- 3 oz Baking chocolate (unsweetened)
- 6 oz butter (unsalted)
- 3 lg eggs
- 13 oz sugar (50/50 white and brown is yummy)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 5 oz all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Guinness
- (OR, if you are in a hurry (or lazy), grab a box from the store and substitute Guinness instead of water…it won’t taste quite as good as homemade, but it’s quick and easy – great for last-minute plans.)
- Preheat oven to 325 and make sure the rack is in the middle.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double-boiler over low heat while stirring. When just melted remove from heat, stir in beer.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt until smooth and light.
- Add chocolate mixture to egg mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Mix flour and baking soda into chocolate batter and stir until well combined
- Pour into 9×13 pan (don’t forget to spray with some Pam.)
- Bake 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk or cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Splash of Bailey’s
- 2 splashes of Jameson
Beat the cream cheese and milk until it is as fluffy as you can make it, gradually add in sugar and then finally the alcohol.
And that’s it…heaven on earth. Go ahead, tell your friends you’re bringing this over and just see if they don’t cry a few tears of joy.